Monday, October 25, 2010

Guest Blogging for Handmadeology

I have the honor being a guest blogger for Handmadeology http://www.handmadeology.com/ so I thought my 1st blog would be about how I got here.

Many of us want to spend most of our time doing what we love to do. Some of us are lucky enough to have a full time job doing just that. I was fortunate enough realize my dream and start my online business last June. Of course it really started about 8 months prior to that. I worked furiously to create a number of items that I could sell as soon as my website went live.

I have a passion for machine embroidery & sewing especially for infants and toddlers items. Finding that niche is always a challenge. I try to create items that are in demand, but not being caught up in fads.

I had no idea what to expect. I was very nervous that I wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand. Well I'm sure I'm not the only one who's website goes live then you wait for people to view it, purchase items and receive feedback. I was selling but not at the rate that I had hoped.

I didn't really want to spend the time it takes networking to get connected, but I soon realized that the only way to get sales was to get noticed. That won't happen if you all you do is work on inventory and never connect with the public. People have to know your out there!

I am now networking through Twitter, Facebook and my blog just to name a few. Starting my blog was something I resisted, but once I started it I realized how fun it would be to connect with people on even a more personal level. Again I realized that getting people to my blog was yet another hurdle. So in my search for ways to get those readers here I came across Handmadeology and here I am.

Where are you? Do you have a dream that you were able to make a reality or something your passionate about that could become a career?

Lori Sadowski

No comments:

Post a Comment